In the beginning

 I had a dreadful revelation recently. If the story of my life was made into a film, I always imagined that I would be the leading ladies jolly, overweight and loyal chum. And then I realised that this is not the case. I would be the unpleasant villain, the annoying noisy neighbour who is murdered early on in an episode of Midsummer Murders. In short, the character people do not like- not plucky, not funny, still overweight

And mean . 


How did this become my life. I can provide a perfectly reasonable rationale- Mother dead ages 48 from breast cancer, when I am aged 8. Fathers sudden decline into serious mental illness, meaning I left his care aged 15. 

I was very angry. With everyone.

And I have never come to terms with this story, my story


I am 57 now and retired at 53 due to my own mental

health issues . I am married to a man with limitless patience, who does his best to love me when I am

not loveable. Or likeable. I have health anxiety. I am fixated on health and with the certain knowledge that 8 will die young. At 57 this is no longer a possibility as I am already middle aged. 

I have two adult children who I love but with whom I have complicated relationships 


And my husband has been diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer. 

My friends, and my some miracle I do have some, are a great bunch who tell me that I am kind, and clever and other nice things,

but anxiety has so distorted my world that I don’t recognise myself in that description.


This blog is a personal record of this season in my life. An attempt to balance the elements of life that I struggle with, and find some joy.

With my husband

My kids

My cat












Comments

  1. The best way to avoid anxiety issues by medicines. You can buy medicines online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment